current location:news > news > text
622 photos of Japanese invasion of China donated by a French guy have been received
2025-05-03 source:CCTV News Client

The 622 photos of Japanese invasion of China donated by the French guy have been accepted by the Shanghai Songhu Anti-Japanese War Memorial Hall and are waiting for professional appraisal

Recently, French guy Marcus Dreters plans to donate 622 photos of Japanese atrocities recording the atrocities of the Japanese invading China to China to China for free, which has attracted attention.

On February 20, the Baoshan District News Office of Shanghai revealed to the reporter of the Taiwan Channel that the Shanghai Songhu Anti-Japanese War Memorial Hall has received photos and will be appraised in the future under the guidance of relevant national departments.

622 photos of Japanese invasion of China donated by the French young man have been accepted

Previously, after the Shanghai Songhu Anti-Japanese War Memorial Hall learned about the French young man's plan to donate photos, it had communicated with the State Administration of Cultural Heritage. The museum intends to accept these photos for preliminary review, and then ask relevant experts to conduct an appraisal.

According to previous public reports, in 2021, when Marcus was cleaning up his grandfather's garage, he accidentally found an album kept in a waterproof bag, which contained a batch of old photos, some of which were even blood-stained. Marcus found 170 related photos in the first batch, and in the subsequent compilation, a total of 622 related photos were found.

622 photos of Japanese invasion of China donated by the French guy have been accepted

Marcus said that the photos were taken by his grandfather Roger Pierre Lawrence in Shanghai in the 1930s. Marcus said that Lawrence was the head of the plantation in the French Concession at the time. He used his camera to record the atrocities of Japanese bombing Shanghai and massacre of Chinese people, and most of the photos were handwritten notes behind them.

(Reporter Xu Mingjia and Hong Zhenyan of the General Station)

Reading ranking
Ministry of Commerce: my country’s total service import and export volume in the first quarter was 1,822.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.3%
In the first quarter, the added value of the electronic information manufacturing industry increased by 13.6% year-on-year.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Japan’s militaristic aggression crimes are too numerous to describe and the evidence is overwhelming
After losing the bag for three days, the "Safe China" business card continues to gain popularity overseas.
News Featured
After losing the bag for three days, the "Safe China" business card continues to gain popularity overseas.
The vice president of a rare earth company leaked 7 state secrets abroad, and the Ministry of National Security disclosed the details
China discovers new lunar mineral "Cerium Magnesium Chang'e Stone" Chinese romance is hidden in the name
Over 83.7 billion yuan! In 2025, China's performance market will see strong supply and demand, with new formats, new scenes, and new models emerging at an accelerated pace.
24 hours hotspot
1After losing the bag for three days, the "Safe China" business card continues to gain popularity overseas.
2The vice president of a rare earth company leaked 7 state secrets abroad, and the Ministry of National Security disclosed the details
3China discovers new lunar mineral "Cerium Magnesium Chang'e Stone" Chinese romance is hidden in the name
4Over 83.7 billion yuan! In 2025, China's performance market will see strong supply and demand, with new formats, new scenes, and new models emerging at an accelerated pace.
Unified Service Email:chinanewsonline@yeah.net
Copyright@ www.china-news-online.com